As you’ve probably heard by now, May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. As a personal trainer, May is my kind of month. For the next four weeks I’ll focus on what you can do to get going this month. May is the month when most people begin to lose steam and break their New Year’s Resolutions. Don’t let this happen to you. Let May be the month to keep on moving.
If motivation is waning, it’s time to switch it up and think outside the box when it comes to your current workout. If you’ve been in the gym; take it outdoors. If you’ve been running; try swimming for a few months. Take advantage of the beautiful weather and soak up the sunshine. Your mood will improve and you’ll find you can’t wait to get to the next workout. Now also may be the time to work with a personal trainer if you’ve been going it alone. Having someone to hold you accountable and teach you new routines will boost your motivation to keep going.
The Little Things You Can Do Today
- Look for a trainer or workout partner who will hold you accountable to the goals you have set.
- Check with your local Parks and Recreation for summer activities at the park that you can register for.
- Recommit to your fitness goals and get moving.
Until Next Week,
Nicole D.P. McLaughlin
- Motivation: Talk is Cheap, Just do it! (yoopercupcake.wordpress.com)
- Why Hire a Personal Trainer? (roigragefitness.com)
- I Don’t Need a Personal Trainer! Or do you? (fit2war.com)