Visit www.facebook.com/myplate for more information on the program and to join in the festivities.
As a personal trainer I’m often asked by my clients, “What should I be eating?” They want me to create a meal plan for them. Unfortunately, I’m not a nutritionist or dietitian so what I do is recommend my clients start with www.choosemyplate.gov. From there you will get the basis for a sensible heart healthy diet. Then I can work with your doctor and a registered dietitian to help you adhere to any special diet they prescribe. Proper nutrition is important for everyone but there are a some special populations that must really watch what they eat. If you’ve been diagnosed with any of the following conditions please consult your doctor or a dietitian before changing your diet.
If you are suffering from any illness the first goal is to become healthy first and then worry about weight loss or strength training. Once you begin eating the type of foods that make you healthy your secondary fitness goals will be easier to achieve and maintain.
The Little Things You Can Do Today
- Visit www.choosemyplate.gov and educate yourself on basic nutrition.
- Find a local nutritionist or dietition and schedule a consultation to lean how proper diet can help you get off of medications and become well.
- Find a calorie tracker app like www.myftinesspal.com and find out not only the calories but the nutritional content of the foods you are eating.
- If weight management is one of your goals visit www.acefitness.org/acefit to find a personal trainer near you.
Nicole D.P. McLaughlin, P.T.
- How To Build A Healthy Meal With Your Child #MyPlate #FreshBaby (familylifeinlv.com)
- Back to Basics (wedishnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Making Healthy Easy with Let’s Move and Pinterest (healthykidschallenge.wordpress.com)