July 14th is National Nudity Day in New Zealand. This got me to thinking about how comfortable would I be in a nudist colony. If you’re like me, the thought of being bare in public is horrific to even think about. However, when you’re in the comfort of your own bedroom, are you afraid to let your significant other see you naked? Each of us has to find a way to love the skin we are in. Looking and feeling better naked will not only boost your self-esteem but will do wonders for your love life.
There is really no way around it, if you want to look fit and tone you’ll have
to embrace a healthy lifestyle. One that includes proper diet and daily exercise. In the short-term you will begin to see a difference in as little as three months. However, for lasting change, you’ll need to make the following suggestions part of your regular routine.
- Drink More Water – A healthy body is composed of about 75% water. The average adult gets by with as little as 50% and some are dangerously dehydrated with only 45%. Drink about a gallon of water a day to speed weight loss and maintain optimal brain and body functions.
- Engage in Resistance Training – Moving your muscles against a weight is the quickest way to gain lean muscle. Building muscle is the key to burn fat, even while your watching T.V. Devote at least two days a week to weight training and you’ll look and feel better naked in no time.
- Eat Less Sugar – Sugar and simple carbohydrates cause multiple blood sugar spike throughout the day. Your body responds by producing insulin which pushes glucose into the muscles for energy. However, whatever glucose you don’t burn is stored as fat. To stay ahead of the curve, eat a balanced diet of low glycemic foods.
The Little Things You Can Do Today
- Look up the glycemic index and create your shopping list for the week around the foods with a level of 60 or lower.
- Time your intake of complex carbohydrates for in the morning or before and after a workout only.
- Make sure to have protein at every meal.
- Plan to workout 5-6 days a week for at least 30 minutes. Split your time evenly between cardio and weights. Whenever possible do cardio with weights.
- Spend time looking at yourself in the mirror naked each morning. Begin to point out what you like and love about your current figure. In time you’ll see more things you love.
As always, I’m available to create a customized workout plan for you. I offer training via Skype and email, so don’t let distance stop you from getting the body you want. You can contact me via the facebook link on this page.
Until Next Week,
Nicole D. P. McLaughlin, P.T.
- Fuelling your body (venicenutritionuk.wordpress.com)
- To Lift or Not To Lift? 5 Reasons Why You Should (fithealthysexy.com.au)
- The Truth about Women and Weights… (liftlovelearn.wordpress.com)