Every now and then you need to get away to regroup and recharge. This weekend I went to a conference hosted by the American Council on Exercise ACE, in Orlando, Fl. I got to spend time with some of the greatest minds in the fields of Health & Fitness.
As a result of my time at the conference I have decided to retool my fitness business. I’ve always known that my clients needed more than just exercises in order to become fitter, faster, and stronger. I’ve always approached my personal training in a holistic way. I attempt to train the whole person and advocate changing from the inside out. However, I now have a greater awareness of how I can deliver better results by creating an alliance with each client as opposed to just getting compliance out of them. You already know how to eat and how to move your body. My job is to teach you how to eat in a way that nourishes your body and to move in ways that are most efficient. I am to give you the tools needed to discover health and fitness on your own terms in ways that make sense for you.
I’m going to transition into being a health coach as opposed to a personal trainer. Ironically, I have a couple of clients who already refer to me as coach. They are in the process of becoming who they have always known they could be. And I am glad to be able to guide them along the path. So allow me to coach you a little into today’s blog.
The Little Things You Can Do Today
- Resolve that today is your day to move in the direction of wellness.
- Believe that you can do anything that you put your mind to doing.
- Know that obstacles are meant to be jumped over.
- Discover the “real” reason you want to make lifestyle changes concerning your health.
- Seek out a wellness professional, health coach or personal trainer, who can motivate and guide you to success.
Until Next Week,
Nicole D.P. McLaughlin, PT
- Personal Trainer or Coach? (thedoza.wordpress.com)
- The Personal Trainer Checklist via @nickjpetrella (sociallyfitblog.wordpress.com)