As much as I try to encourage people to seize the day, very few people are motivated to keep moving through the holidays. The majority of people will spend these next two weeks making resolutions for the New Year so I’ve decided to help you count down to the New You. Here are 10 things you’ll want to accomplish over the next 30 days in order to jump-start your New Year.
- Break free from limitations. Limiting thoughts and beliefs no longer serve you.
- Embrace yourself as is. Learn to love your every curve and build your self-esteem.
- Let it go. Release all the past attempts and approach everything as if for the first time.
- Food equals fuel. No more dieting and behaving as if food is your enemy. Food is a vital energy source that you must learn to harness.
- An ounce of prevention. Invest in your future by doing the things needed now to prevent illness and disease in your life.
- Get real. Create a realistic game plan for the year. Break the year down into monthly goals. Start with the end result and plan your way backwards to today.
- Live now. Be present and act now. You can’t live for someday when … Make each day count. Each morning begins with a blank slate.
- Do the little things. An all or nothing attitude will not get you where you want to be. It’s better to do one little thing every day than to do nothing at all.
- Team up. Figure out who is on your team. You only need one other person to team up with. Discover the power of teamwork in the New Year.
- Rest. Sometimes less is more. Find ways to simplify your life. Whatever you set out to do, keep it simple and stress free.
The Little Things You Can Do Today
- Believe that change is possible
- Focus on what you really want
- Discover the boundless creativity within
Get ready to welcome the New You!
Until Next Week,
Nicole D.P. McLaughlin, P.T.
- The 5 Best Inspiring Times to Start a New (deephenom.wordpress.com)